Lego Boost Star Wars Droid Commander is not like the rest of Lego Star Wars kits. These are the droids you are looking for. Lego coding droids into the Star Wars Universe. Same superb quality as the original Lego Boost set, but with Star Wars.
Boost Star Wars is a kit for ages 8 and up. Kids under 10 or so will probably need some adult help.
Table of Contents
- 1 What includes the set?
- 2 Review Lego Star Wars Droid Commander
- 3 What makes so incredible the new set Lego Star Wars?
- 4 Who is Lego Boost Droid Commander set for?
- 5 Which differences Lego Boost Star Wars from the rest of Lego Star Wars sets?
- 6 Products from Amazon.com
- 7 Build, Code and Play Lego Boost Star War Droid Commander
- 8 Lego Boost programming
- 9 Lego Boost Star Wars app compatibility
- 10 Meet the droids
- 11 Lego Boost Star Wars price
What includes the set?
Lego Boost Star Wars Droid Commander is one of biggest Lego Star Wars (although not enormous as or ). This set includes 1.177 pieces.
- Interactive toy motor.
- 1 Bluetooth Move Hub or intelligent block. It is the droids heart and brain, the piece that you can code. There is only one Move Hub and 3 possible droids to build so you have to change between them.
- Color and distance sensor.
- 1,177 classic Lego pieces to build popular Star Wars characters including R2-D2,Gonk Droid and Mouse Droid.
Review Lego Star Wars Droid Commander
We do not recommend this set if you only want an exhibition droid for your shelving with the rest of your droids, the entertainment is playing with them.
The packaging photo can result confusing. The 3 droids share the Move Hub. You can have all three droids built at once, though there’s only one hub to power and program one droid at a time. If you already know Lego Boost Creative Box this also happens.
You can purchase additional Power Hubs. Search for the number 88006 Move Hub. That way, you can have 3 fully functional Star Wars Droid Commanders.
What makes so incredible the new set Lego Star Wars?
Using the hardware and Lego Boost philosophy (build, program and play), Lego have implemented it in the Star Wars Galaxy. A set full of adventures with more than 40 missions.
Who is Lego Boost Droid Commander set for?
- Children from 8 years that enjoy building blocks and parents looking for an interactive and fun toy but also a didactic one. This set is one of the most relaxing introduction to programming.
- Star Wars fans. No matter if you have 16, 25 or 70 years.
- If you like Lego, you will enjoy the set. If you like droids, this set is very interactive. If you like Lego droids, this is the set you are waiting for.
Which differences Lego Boost Star Wars from the rest of Lego Star Wars sets?
Lego Boost Star Wars belongs to the family of Lego robotics kits. Not only are you building a droid, but also you can program and move it.
What other Lego robots are programmable? , , Lego Spike Prime and .
Do you want to see a video with Lego Boost Star Wars Droid Commander? It’s amazing!
Build, Code and Play Lego Boost Star War Droid Commander
1. Build your Star Wars droids
You must download the Lego Star Wars Boost App to use this product. There are no paper building instructions, you have to download the app and you will find 3D instructions to build your droids. The in-app instructions are incredible. Accessories instructions are with the missions.
2. Program your droids
Once already your droids are built, now it’s time to program the first mission. It’s drag & drop coding environment.
The coding is very extensive and gives a great deal of options and could be really powerful with the right amount of imagination. Includes music from episodes I-VI of the Star Wars movie saga. It’s much more that a remote control toy.
Play with the droids, resolve missions and advance unlocking new missions and space adventures. The best way to learn the app is by playing around. Experiment and tap on things.
Lego Boost programming
The coding in the Lego Boost Star Wars app is with visual block programming. If you already know Lego Boost robot or Scratch, it’s basically the same. If you are a newcomer, drag & drop is very simple. Lego Boost programming is for everyone!
With more than 40 missions, youngsters can learn basic programming concepts and to develop computational thinking. Every step challenges are more advanced but always in a fun way.
The app almost plays like a Lego video game. You interact with Lego Star Wars character to get the building instructions, access the coding platform, and the RC-style controls.
Lego Boost Star Wars app compatibility
Lego Boost app is compatible with lots of devices: tablets and mobile phones. Totally free, you can download from the AppStore, Google Play Store and Amazon App Store.
- Lego Boost Star Wars is compatible with iPad & iPhone: iPad 2017, iPad 2018, iPad Pro and iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPhone XR. Requires iOS 11 and newer.
- Lego Boost Star Wars is compatible with Android 6 and above.
- Lego Boost Star Wars is compatible with Amazon Fire HD 8 and Amazon Fire HD 10
Combine this Lego Boost Star Wars app with the set and get ready to build, code and play your way through over 40 exciting missions.
Meet the droids
Build all 3 lovable R2-D2, Gonk Droid and Mouse Droid Lego characters.
Lego figure R2-D2 measures over 7” (20cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
Lego figure Gonk Droid measures over 7” (18cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide
Lego figure Mouse Droid measures over 5” (14cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.
Lego Boost Star Wars price
Lego Boost Star Wars price is a little more expensive than other Lego Star Wars sets. Why? tech pieces, an app with more than 40 missions and programming interface. Lego always is a good investment.
Lego Star Wars Boost is a great Christmas, birthday or gift idea for any occasion. Includes unforgettable characters, locations and sounds, which kids and adults will love to interact with.
Is it worthwhile? We love Star Wars, Lego and programming robots for kids so, our answer is definitely affirmative.